Anyone can become a member of WYPW, we welcome artists of all skill levels. If you are new to printmaking we strongly advise that you attend one of our day or weekend print courses before joining. (If you join within one month of attending a course you will also benefit from a £5 discount on membership). If you have some previous experience of printmaking and can demonstrate a good working knowledge of the technique you wish to practice, you can join up today, get in touch to arrange your induction session, and get started!
Access to all workshop and facilities during opening hours
-Tuesday 10.30am – 10.00pm
-Wednesday 10.30am – 6.00pm
-Thursday 10.30am – 6.00pm
-Friday 10.30 – 6.00pm
Standard membership: £55 per year + £15 induction fee new members (paid on day of induction)
This membership will enable you to benefit from our extensive print facilities, access to technical support* and the opportunity to purchase art materials and equipment at reasonable prices.
In addition to the annual membership the hourly workshop charge is £3.00/hr. This is payable on a pay-as-you-go basis, rounded up to half hours.
The Small Print or Terms and Conditions (T’s & C’s)
- Gives access to all workshop facilities during opening hours.
- Booking system and drop-in available.
- Technical support available 3 days a week.
- Regular members’ opportunities bulletin.
- Opportunities to participate in exhibitions and print fairs
- Specialist materials at affordable prices.
- 10% discount on our course programme.
- Contact with our community of printmakers.
Our membership is heavily subsidised through our grants and other activities, as we wish to keep our membership prices at a reasonable level, please note all bookings cancelled in less than 24 hours notice will be charged for.
What your hourly fee includes:
- Use of all workshop equipment, including light sensitive emulsion and screen cleaner, etching chemicals, developers for photo-processes, etc. Black ink for etching and relief printing is also included in your hourly fee.
What your hourly fee does not include:
- Storage – if you would like to store materials, screens, etc, at the workshop, there is additional annual charge of £20, payable on your induction session.
- Screen hire – if you would like to use our screens there is an additional charge £1.50 per screen per day.
- Paper, inks, print medium, metal plates, masking tape and other sundries. These can be bought from our shop.